Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bendita Tu Luz

We made out again.
Then he went out of town for the weekend, but we still text back and forth. 
And I'm feeling the gyration thing again. I mean, it has been really nice, and I've felt really happy, but I don't think that that is the kind of life I want to live.
Where the hell am I supposed to go from here? I can't be happy living a gay life, and I can't be happy living a straight life, and I most definitely can't be happy living a celibate life. I don't know what to do. I guess I could try counseling?
Ugh.
I'm still not at that point. I like the guy a lot-- I really do. I don't know what to do. And at the same time, I don't want to pull him away from his family, from the church-- things that are important to him in his life. I don't know what to do. I especially don't know what to do because I don't know if that would even make me happy, and I'm nearly positive it wouldn't make him happy. I don't know what to do.
At times like this (when I'm telling myself over and over that I don't know what to do), I wonder why I joined the church. Yes, I've explained it before, but wouldn't it be so much easier if I had never sought it out and tried so hard to live it faithfully? It has become a part of my life, and I can't deny it. I can't just pretend that it never happened because it has and is, and it has blessed me so much in my life. I spoke in church today, and I was reminded of that... again.
A gyration-- A freaking gyration. I can't make up my mind.
What would make a gay life work? I don't know. A guarantee that they would never leave me, for one. 
A straight life? An attraction to girls.
I started for a bit, but I think that maybe I was just trying to kid myself... Maybe I was just trying so hard to change myself that it was working a little, but in the kind of way that makes you end up messing around in your married life. I don't know. I have a friend that's gay, and his boyfriend tried the same thing-- ended up with a son, a screwed up marriage, a divorce, and is living a gay life. The thing is that he hurt a lot of people along the way. I mean, these things can work out for good, but I wouldn't want to put my wife through that. 
But would I put her through that? Would I stay faithful to her? Would I even have the desire to live a gay life by that point?
The thing is that I just don't know. I don't know and am terrified to take the plunge in either direction because I don't know where it'll take me. But that's been my entire life-- leaping and hoping that I land on solid ground. I haven't ever been afraid to make a decision and stick to my guns, but this one has got me hung up.
I've been really happy this past week, and I wasn't expecting that. I wasn't expecting to make out with a guy, either. I don't know what I was expecting. But I'm glad I met him. I guess I would rather figure out this now instead of later. He's a really good guy, but this isn't the life that he wants, and I can't help but understand. I can't feel hurt or anything-- I know what he means. And part of me wants him not to want it, but that's the selfish part of me that is just as unsure that a gay lifestyle would be happy.
So where do I go from here? Do I just wander around in this figurative desert? I just continue to pray that my life will somehow turn out ok, I guess.
But this isn't even what defines my life. It has taken precedence over every other part of my life-- my school, my friends, my family. In the end, gay or straight, I guess I've been neglecting that stuff too much. It's hard not to focus on it because I want really badly not to feel like I'm alone. It'll be ok, I know.
My life has been so dang good. There's this little problem of my extremely confusing sexuality, but I have so much to be thankful for... except that test I didn't do so well on this past weekend, but life goes on. 
Look-- I'm back where I was a month or so ago. I need to stop focusing on this. I need to stop letting it control my life. There is more to me. This isn't the defining point of my life and shouldn't be the top of my priorities. 
Ok. I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment