Saturday, September 5, 2009

As Lovers Go

I need to think of a new method for naming my posts. I think I may eventually run out of song titles that I like.

Ok, so I know that I just posted yesterday... but anyways...

I keep having these dreams where someone is trying to kill me. For real. A couple nights ago, I dreamt that I found a dead guy in a car in the woods and that this couple was chasing me. Somehow, I knew they wanted to rape and kill me... right... don't judge me...
Then, suddenly, I was out of the woods and at my dad's house. I ran through the neighborhood and onto a nearby street. I was running down the street and calling 911 on my cell phone (thank goodness, too). I told the operator that I was running down 60th street. The operator told me that a police officer usually patrols in that area and that he should be by in about 15 to 20 minutes. I tried to explain that this couple was trying to chase me, but she wasn't getting it. I ran for a long time, and I got to a mexican grocery store. I went in the back and hid until I thought it was safe. As I came out, there was a white, old man that looked really creepy. I tried to run from him, but he stabbed me in the back of the knee with a syringe. I felt myself getting dizzy, so I got to a checkout counter and climbed on top of it. The checkers stared at me, but I tried to fight the dizziness and tell them what was happening. Then, people started disappearing into thin air. I was alone. Then I woke up.

Then, last night (and this is why I'm writing-- I'm going to go insane if I keep having these dreams), I dreamt that I was in a big house with this guy. It wasn't the guy, just a guy. We were in the basement, and there was a chapel there. We were sitting in a pew and took a couple pillows that were sitting there. Suddenly, my older sister was there, and she looked like she wanted to hurt me. She kept getting closer, so I punched her in the face, but she had metal plates in her head, so nothing happened, I guess... it was an evil, robot-sister... So me and this guy started running, then we got separated. There was a staircase that went down on one side, curved around behind a wall, and went back up to about the same place. I hid there. There were wind chimes along the wall of one side, and I suddenly heard them chiming. I thought it was my sister, so I started running up the other side. Then, I saw my sister coming down that side and realized that it was the guy on the other side. I started running up after him.

We got to a room with these two little boys that were like 10 or something. I told them my sister was trying to kill us. One of the kids got this giant, wooden hand... like those foam hands at football games, but wooden... it was weird... anyways, he put it on and went and hit my sister in the head. It made her get disoriented, so me and this guy ran by. Then, we called the police. Then, I grabbed a butter knife and realized that my sister was chasing us with a butter knife, too. I tried to talk to her and ask her why she was doing this, but she didn't say anything. Then, we were outside of the house. It was night. The guy was gone. My mom was there in her old car, so was my uncle (who is dead) and my aunt. My sister was there, too, and everything seemed normal. For some reason, I still had the pillows that I took from the chapel, so we went back downstairs and returned them to a fat, old man who was sitting in the pew.

And those have just been from the past couple of nights. I've been having them every other night, starting the night that I visited the guy on my way out here. So, even though I don't really believe in dream interpretation, I decided to check out what the internet (a reliable source...) had to say:

Dreams of being chased are common dream themes. As with most of the common dreams, they often stem from feelings of anxiety in your waking life. Running is an instinctive response to physical threats in your environment. In these dreams, you can be pursued by an attacker, an animal, or an unknown figure who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. In turn, you run, hide, or try to outwit your pursuer. Your actions in the dream parallel how you respond to pressure and cope with fears, stress, or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting the situation, you are running away and avoiding it. Ask yourself who is the one chasing you so that you can gain understanding and insight on the source of your fears and anxieties.

The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent an aspect of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can assume the appearance of a threatening figure. The shadowy figure can also symbolize rejected characteristics of yourself. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you have a chase dream, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you. Perhaps you are running away from something. What are you trying to fun from?

Consider the distance or gap between you and your pursuer. This indicates your closeness to the issue. If the pursuer is gaining on you, then it suggests that the problem is not going to go away. The problem will surround you until you confront and address it. However, if you are able to widen the gap, then the problem is becoming less and less of an issue.

There you have it. I'm apparently trying to deal with my feelings of anxiety. The thing is, I don't really feel anxious? Or maybe I do, and I just don't recognize it. It's just weird that it started after I visited the guy... and I don't feel like anything particularly important came of it, so I don't understand why it started right after that. Anyway, I'm going to fight next time I have a dream like that... which, by my calculations, should be tomorrow night... haha. Even if they kill me, I'll fight just to see what happens.

Besides my unnerving dreams, life has been good. I kinda miss the guy this morning. I kinda miss the connection. Then, I get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment