Thursday, January 14, 2010

We Built This City

Not the usual, I know. I was in the SFH today, and it was playing way loud. It kinda made me laugh. It was pretty sweet.

My life became about ten times less stressful, thank goodness. I feel like my hopes and plans move in very delicate orbits just out of my reach. If the stars aren't perfectly aligned, my hopes and plans will either float off into space or come crashing down. I've never actually collided with a hope, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I'm going to guess it wouldn't be too excellent.

Anyway, cue aligning stars. That's not to say they've aligned, but they're making their way... even if they do seem to be dragging their feet. Like I said before, I've got backup plans and backups to the backups locked in underground vaults and dusty safes, but I'd rather not go to all of the trouble of digging them up.

It's hard to convince myself that I have the potential to be successful in my endeavors. I think it's my desire to be realistic--a desire that would actually be useful to me in my career. But I can do this. I've worked harder for this than I have for anything else in my life, so why would I try (however subconscious the effort may be) to sabotage it?

I'm not in it for the money. I only had a one-story in my daydream (I reference it too much not to link it)... although it was furnished by Pottery Barn... maybe some Restoration, too... so I guess that would make it more expensive. And I'm not exactly sure where I was living, although I have the sneaking suspicion it was on the East coast. I'm not sure I like the thought of living there.

Again, I digress

Not in it for the money. I've just never been so excited, challenged, engaged in anything else. It's a scary thought to picture yourself waking up and doing the same thing every morning for years that may turn into decades, so I've got to fight for this.

Anyway, my odds just improved tenfold, so life feels a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment