Monday, January 11, 2010

Must Have Done Something Right

I started running, again. It's actually been really nice. I took a break there for a while because it was all I could do to stay afloat with classes last semester... 3.95--so close. I realized last semester that it is really, really hard to get A's in your classes. I mean, there is no room for error. The one class I got an A- in was from a bombed test... from three hours of sleep and being way sick... I feel like I may be repeating myself.

But I digress!

This semester, it has been a part of my schedule in spite of the fact that I have read about 700 textbook pages in the past week... give me another day, and it'll be up another few hundred.

Yeah.

The pages are seriously starting to blur together. And it isn't light reading, either.

Did I mention I had way bad ADD when I was growing up? Like legit. I guess it is coming back tonight.

So running. It has been nice. I forgot that I can let myself unwind, let myself sleep better at night. Granted, no long distances until it warms up and I can go hit up the trails. It also means eating more and trying to put back the weight that I lost. I was down 8 from Thanksgiving and 15 from the summer when I came back for Christmas. I put all 8 back :)... just trying to add on the last 7 and see where I can go from there.

And just when I think I've managed to isolate myself, someone new, really attractive, and questionable finds their way into my life. Please, just strike the question from my mind. Life feels like a shadow of what it should be without someone to love, but to step into the light, to take the path requires that we be brave... or foolish... to the extent that we can discard our fear of regret and function on the frail hope of achieving something better.

I'm not brave, and I'm not foolish--not in that regard, at least. I am sedentary, static, unwilling-

No, just scared. Uncertain.

Uhh, this is entirely beside the point, but you should make a special effort to visit failblog.org on a regular basis. My roommate and I were laughing so hard that we cried. The website is pure genius and most certainly inspired.

Also, I got Pushing Daisies Season 2 for Christmas.

Also, I started watching Glee... and the sun shone a bit brighter...

Did I mention I'm gay?

3 comments:

  1. I just have to pop in and say that Pushing Daisies is brilliant. I love it enough, I've written about it a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just jumped up on my "cool" list. That show is excellent. I still feel sad and cold when I think about how they canceled it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the last episodes painful. There was enough storyline crammed into those episodes to go on another two seasons. One day, I'd like to found out how they planned to end it.

    Glee is as close an alternative we have at this point. That and 30 Rock are the only shows I've been faithful to lately.

    ReplyDelete