Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Alone

Man, I love glee...

I've been pretty crazy busy lately. I feel like I'm barely making it from deadline to deadline. In fact, I probably shouldn't even be blogging right now, but I've kinda been missing it... so here I am...

And not really that many stories to share. I had this nightmare the other night that a scorpion was chasing me. It was pretty weird, but scorpions are pretty dang freaky, so I woke up flailing... that never happens. I was also dead tired for the rest of the day.

Anyway, I'm hoping that things slow down a little bit after this week. I stretched myself too thin, and I should've seen it coming. I could use a break. The nice thing is that I really don't have time to think too much about anything else in my life besides meeting deadlines. It has been good to be distracted.

What else? I had a really good day at church on Sunday. Being there heightens the cognitive dissonance, even when I'm not doing anything wrong. But I kind of like it--it makes me aware of things that I want to change... ones that I can change, at least. In all honesty, I had kinda given up on the "church" thing. I was just planning to go through the motions and stick it out until I'm finished with school. Now, I'm not so sure.

It makes me wonder how my life would be right now if I were attending school somewhere else. Would I still go to church at all? I don't see myself being a man-whore or anything. I guess it doesn't do much good to wonder because the fact is that I'm here and that I'm better off staying here. If I transferred, I wouldn't get a job doing what I wanted. That would make me unhappy for a long time 'cuz once you miss the boat, it doesn't come back. I guess that's the main reason I stay here. I'm pretty sure I already wrote it, but I looked at transferring last year. I just couldn't find another school ranked as well without having some pretty big changes in curriculum... and no guarantees that I'd ever even be accepted.

But since I'm stuck here, I've been attending church. I never dislike it, but I actually enjoyed and appreciated it this past Sunday. There are so many great people here, too, that I'd be sad if I left.

Anyway, I've got reports and papers and conference calls and applications and textbooks and unforgiving deadlines, so I'm going to go do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment