Saturday, November 21, 2009

Swim

This song is appropriate, to say the least.

I have this class that I've had a few tests in. The class average has been very low C- range, and I keep getting A's on them... good thing I love it. Good thing that its the subject I want a career in. Good thing my professor is ultra supportive/helpful as far as providing direction.

So it lead me to daydream... I had a good job, money, a comfortable life. I came home to a nice, one-story home, walked inside to what look like a pottery barn magazine shoot--just nice, clean, not ostentatious in the least... well, I don't think pottery barn is ostentatious... maybe you do? It was exactly what I wanted... and then, it skipped to the morning. My alarm went off--early. I got out of bed, got in the shower, came back in the bedroom with a white towel wrapped around my waist. There was a guy in my bed. I watched him sleep for second. I kissed him on the cheek--gently so I wouldn't wake him. I kept getting ready, and before I left for work, I kissed him on the cheek once more. He stirred a little. And then I left. I was happy to go to work.

And no matter how hard I try, I can't hate the daydream. Tell me what to do.

2 comments:

  1. Pottery Barn = good taste, IMHO. :)

    And... [dang it, anyway!]... I couldn't hate that dream either. :) And, I would be tempted to ask "Who could?" but... I suppose there are probably plenty who could. *sigh* *maybe they just don't know what's good?* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Thanks for not making me feel crazy. And yeah, between Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Williams-Sonoma, and Crate and Barrel, I think I could pretty much spend a few years' worth of salary... and anything that would be left over would be spent on the sweetest new mac...

    At times like these, I remember how poor I really am...

    ReplyDelete