Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Carol of the Bells

I feel so much like a broken record, sometimes. It's just that you hear the part that I don't tell anyone else. Because I don't tell anyone else, I have to tell you. I hope you meet me in real life someday so that you can see that there is more to me.

What to say? Well, I've made a decided change of career paths, leaving behind medicine... my parents aren't thrilled, but I feel so excited to go to my classes, do my homework, read my textbooks. It's actually kind of messed up--in a good way. And I can actually imagine myself staying at a job for a long time and being happy to wake up in the morning and go to work. It isn't like I'm afraid of hard work or anything, I just don't feel like I've had too many meaningful jobs in my life, so I haven't had the desire to stay there for longer than I have had to.

Also, I think my body may be concerned about the coming winter, seeing as how I have managed to eat breakfast, lunch, and four (yes, four) dinners. The other sad thing is that I'm not really running too much due to my crazy schedule. It is only a matter of time before I turn into a fatty. The good news is that my jeans are all 30-waist, so I can't actually get fat--at least not there... haha.

And the whole world around me is getting sick. I'm trying to avoid it as much as I can. I would really be ok with foregoing the "swine flu" thing and everything it entails. We'll see how lucky I can be, though.

And maybe I can tell you a story:

Right before I left on my mission, I lost my license and had to go get a new one. My buddy drove me to the DMV and waited outside while I went in and got the new one. I got the license, went outside to my buddy's car, opened the door, and started getting in. Then, I look over to the driver's seat and realize that there is, in fact, a girl sitting there, talking on her cell phone. Her mouth dropped open, and she just stared at me. Turns out that it was the wrong car...

There you go. I'm not such a boring person, after all. And it is late. I will be turning into a pumpkin if I do not go to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment