Sunday, December 6, 2009

Designer Skyline

It's been a little while. So this other guy kinda randomly showed up in my life. Turns out that he is... that he likes me... and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. But there isn't anything I can do about it. Like I said before--I don't want to feel like I'm going through my time here trying to deceive the people around me... people that I actually care about.

How appropriate. It happens right as I'm realizing that nothing like that could or should happen while I'm still in school. Can I just please turn over my agency for a bit?

So what else is new? Great job prospects, potential internships for this summer (which is my primary concern), random people with amazing insight and connections that randomly show up in my life and somehow keep the path lit, keep guiding me toward what, by all other accounts, seems like a bright and happy future. Honestly, the industry is really hard to break into. And getting into it the standard way would involve my having a job that would require an average of 100 hours a week (not exaggerating) for two or three years... I would make six months, I think. Then, I would either have a breakdown or kill myself.

But I digress. The point is that I have so much to be grateful for. I have had so much help, and I know these people didn't accidentally show up in my life.

You put them there. You have this unwavering faith in me that manifests itself in so many parts of my life. You've managed everything else besides the being gay part. I know you want me to learn to manage it; I know that great and important lessons will be learned--lessons that will change my eternity. I just wish I had the same faith in you that you have in me. I wish I could thank you with more faith, more devotion to the Gospel. The words may seem empty, but I promise they aren't: Thank you. I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment