Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Live Like We're Dying

I went to "Up in the Air" tonight with my family. Why the hell did I trust the critics?

"Sherlock Holmes" got kinda crappy reviews, but I thought it was freaking sweet. So yeah, I went to go watch the movie tonight, and it was so... slow... holy... crap... Don't get me wrong--the acting was great. It just was not my cup of tea.

And then, in the end, it gets way depressing. I mean, the whole movie was about human connection.

*Time out* If you are wanting to see this movie, you might want to wait to read this until after you've seen it...

So yeah, this guy (ol' George) is connection-averse, if you will, and then he starts connecting (haha physically and emotionally) with this lady that kinda has the same lifestyle. So this is like a life-changing thing for him. He has this epiphany or something and decides to drop what he's doing and go visit her... I don't know. Anyway, he finds her address and knocks on the door. She comes to the door and doesn't look too excited. Then, you see some kids run up the stairs, and you hear a guy's voice in the background asking who is at the door...

The movie kind of ends shortly after that. Granted, there are other ways that he reaches out and connects, but it wasn't uplifting or anything.

So the movie ends, and I'm like, "Holy crap. I'm going to spend the rest of my life alone!"

Dear guy in daydream,

I hope you're real. I'm pretty sure I'm not connection-averse. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm the opposite. So please exist... and don't be married... I'd kind of like to find you and not spend the rest of my life flying on airplanes. And maybe I don't look like George Clooney, but he's kind of old. Either way, I'll do everything I can to make you happy if you promise to exist.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment