Saturday, October 3, 2009

American Love

He tried to tear open the wound. Just something of his that I came across-- not sure if it was something he put there recently, or maybe it was just a ghost from the past. And I'm not sure what to do with it. Nothing, I suppose.

It'll be better in the morning, better next week, next month, next year. Little by little, I guess. Conference was good. It seems like the Saturday morning session always ends up being the most applicable, most pertinent. The talk on burdens was insightful and helpful and made me feel just a little bitter... but who am I to complain?

I was running in the mountains the other day. It was really pretty with all of the trees turning colors. Then, it started snowing really lightly. It was an excellent run until about 1/2 mile later when it started blizzarding on me, and I couldn't see the trail, the mountains, or anything that was more than a couple of feet away from me. The snow was blowing straight into my eyes, so I couldn't look ahead... I put my head down and booked it. I haven't run that good of a time in a while. I guess I don't usually run for my life, though, either. Then, the sun came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment