Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Forever

Don't judge me. I don't hit girls, and I kinda had the urge to listen to Chris Brown...

I'm pretty dang proud of myself. I usually make it to finals week and completely lose steam. Well, I guess that's not the case for winter semester, but there's something about the spring and sun and warm and when the air gets damp and full of life, you know? It makes me restless. It usually makes studying hard. For some reason, that hasn't been as much of a challenge this semester, which is nice because the majority of my classes are curved, and the curves are pretty dang close right now. Seeing as how I'm not much of a one for vehicular homicide, I figure I might try to beat out my classmates the old-fashioned way.

What else to tell you? Do you ever have random people smile at you and stuff? I guess I should be glad that they aren't angry or yelling things at me (haha, I guess it'd be just like being a missionary, again), but it's still kinda strange, and it happens pretty often. And I'm not knock-your-socks-off attractive, so it isn't that. Maybe I have a weird look on my face when I'm walking. It's 'cuz I'm usually thinking about macroecon. Although it may be super interesting, it doesn't really provoke lots of smiles. Anyway, if you see a kid walking around provo with a thoughtful/concerned/goofy look on his face, please honk and wave.

Why did I tell you that story?

Last two things: I love Family Guy with all of my heart. I usually end up laughing so hard that I cry when I watch it. Also, Glee may have been created beyond the veil.

This is an attempt to get the thoughts out of my head before I go to sleep. You know what else I was thinking about? I kinda thrive on pressure and deadlines. Dammit. When I have nothing to do, I usually end up doing something stupid. And so the ironic thing is that the moments in my life where I feel like I have the least balance are usually the ones where I'm the happiest. I'm glad I'm making the effort to enjoy those times, to appreciate the good things that come during those times.

Remember how worried I was about my future? And all of the scrambling and feeling like nothing was working, and then everything suddenly materializes.

We do our best, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. You seriously crack me up. And then kind of scare me because you kind of just described me as you. ;) Oi. I end up creating more pressure and larger deadlines by pushing them off and off and further off, though. Hmm... like I'm doing just now by checking my emails and reading blogs. Shoot. Well, now I feel guilty: I guess I should get my coursework out. *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete