Thursday, April 22, 2010

Breakeven

I guess I didn't really feel ready to leave Provo.

I guess Provo didn't really feel ready for me to leave.

I guess my car didn't really feel like living.

What can I say? I've had enough near-death experiences to last me for a little while. I remember being at the Stake Patriarch's house a few months after I had joined the Church. "You will be protected by guardian angels," it went. My stomach dropped. Well, ok--something's up, 'cuz I keep getting close to death without ever quite making it.

All I can say is "thanks." I was realizing that I really wasn't ready to stop living, you know? Funny how I've felt indifferently. Don't get me wrong--I've never been suicidal or anything, but I just kinda felt like if I die, I die, you know?

It's funny how you can change your mind so quickly.

So thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment