Monday, September 20, 2010

For the Longest Time (Sherwood)

I think I'm in love with the Nissan Leaf.

F. Just when I thought I wasn't a huge homo. But it's pretty sweet. And I've gotta be honest: I'm a sucker for environmental stuff. My family might be to blame for that. If my mom forgets her reusable bags at the grocery store, she'll only buy what she can carry. The grandkids are in cloth diapers... farm fresh eggs, organic milk from the local dairy, chickens, huge gardens, orchards, so much canning... honestly, I'm kinda surprised we're not all smoking pot in the back of an old VW in our hemp clothes.

Smoking has always seemed kinda gross to me, though... and I don't know where to buy hemp clothes.

But I like all of that stuff. It sounds gay (guess I probably should give up on concerning myself with that), but you've got a connection to your food--you know where it came from, you know what went into it, and you know exactly what you're putting in your body. And organic milk from a glass jar tastes way better than milk in a plastic jug. Just sayin. Call me crazy, but, as a milk connoisseur, I taste the difference. That same dairy also makes a chocolate milk that is even more delicious than the BYU creamery's. I think they make it with angel blood.

Why did I start talking about this? Oh yeah--the Leaf. I'm pretty sure I want one. But I'm poor... and there's a lot of driving that will be happening in my life for a little while. Maybe once I settle down and get a job, I'll get one. And I'll get something else that is a little more practical for a long trip.

That's really all I've got to say tonight.

Oh yeah- I had a dream last night that I was in NYC and climbing into an elevator in this hotel. The elevator door hadn't closed completely, but the elevator started going up. Then, the building started shaking. There was a little space between the bottom of the elevator and the ceiling of the first floor, so I wiggled out just in time for the elevator to go up out of sight. Everyone was ducking. I was pretty sure we were in an earthquake, so I started looking for a doorframe. At least I was smart in my dream. It turned out to be a tornado. That dream scared me.

After that, I was trying to figure out a math problem in my head. It was really, really frustrating... and then suddenly I was awake-ish and couldn't stop thinking about the math problem. So I stopped myself (because this has happened too many times) and tried to concentrate on what the problem was. There was no solution. I got a drink of water and went to bed.

And lastly, I'm not sure I'm over the whole driving anxiety thing. I'll be driving and fine, and then I'll suddenly be having flashbacks to smashing into a semi in the car or flipping and rolling in the SUV--seeing it go light to dark to light as various windows are facing upwards or downwards... or feeling the sudden burst of cold air as the window gets smashed in...

And then I'll snap out of it and realize I've stopped driving. I should probably get that fixed, but how? Or maybe it'll go away. It only happens in heavy traffic... whereas I couldn't really ride in a car without just closing my eyes and breathing deeply every time I saw break lights there for a while.

Anyone up for a road trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment