Thursday, May 27, 2010

Break Your Heart

The song's so dang catchy.

And did you watch Glee this week? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure I love that show. I'm not a giant Lady Gaga fan, but the episode was pretty sweet.

I feel like I should have something important to write on here, but I really don't. I'm in the process of trying to figure out where I want to work when I graduate. The good news is that I definitely will have a job in what I want to do... It was looking pretty questionable for a bit. Granted, the sucky economy didn't help very much; but, barring the current volatility due to the fact that Greece seems to move from the edge of destruction to a safe footing on an hourly basis, things are looking a lot better. But the volatility can also be a good thing if you can keep a cool head.

BUT you're not here 'cuz you want to learn economics. The point of the story is that I'm just trying to get in with the company with the best reputation. I just keep reminding myself that that's a lot better of a problem than I could have.

And what else? I got to spend some quality time with my siblings this past weekend. I forget how much I love them. I mean, I would love them no matter what, but I forget how much I like spending time with them. They're friends.

It reminds me that even if they did know I'm gay, it wouldn't really change anything with us. It really wouldn't change anything with any of my family. I can't begin to say how grateful I am for that. I've never had to face the fear of being thrown out and disowned, of having love conditional upon my ability to conform, to change what, at this point in my life, seems completely unchangeable. They will be here, they'll still love me, we'll still be friends.

I feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment