Monday, May 10, 2010

All We Are

I felt suffocated here, briefly, by my parents. It was kind of funny because I was already regretting my decision to take an internship here, and I haven't even been home two weeks.

But a good night's sleep (with some strange dreams) and the fact that my dad's out of the country and my mom is working have helped a ton. I've got the day to myself to take care of a bunch of crap that I need to do, including renewing my almost-expired license. If I don't do it here in the next few days, I'm going to have to take the driving test, again. I already had to do that once (retake it, that is) in high school, and I failed it... haha... after like three years of driving, I failed it.

So yeah, not gonna take any chances.

I am glad (and will continue to be glad) that I took the internship here, not because I am going to love every second of being around my family, but because I know now that it's time for something new. This will give me the money to be flexible in where I want to go and the experience to at least be able to snag interviews with the companies that I want. This also kind of gives me the courage and motivation to branch out, to go other places, make connections, explore options. Like I said before, I'm kinda ready for an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment