Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Miss You

Just a quick funny story-

We were laughing about my niece the other night (in a good way--that girl is hilarious) and started talking about some of the stuff she does that I actually used to do... and I thought you might appreciate this one:

When I was little, I used to talk a lot. Like, really a lot. So, instead of talking, my parents used to make me count in the car. It was 350 from our house to the school, give or take some by how fast I was counting. It didn't take long before I started recognizing the patterns and stuff...

SO when it came time to start going to preschool, the preschool teachers sat down with us (individually) to see how much we knew about colors, numbers, shapes, etc. The teachers asked me to start counting, and I asked them how high they wanted me to count. They asked me how high I could count. I told them 1000. "Why don't you count to 100 right now, and then maybe you can count to 1000 in the car on the way home today, they said."

It's funny because it's one of the few specific memories I have from that far back. The teachers told my mom when she came to pick me up... only got to 350 on the way home, though.

My mom was almost crying from laughing so hard as she was retelling the story to us the other night. Oh man- what am I gonna do with myself?

I don't talk so much anymore, though, so don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment