Friday, August 27, 2010

Good Life

I'm kinda starting to like OneRepublic.

I'm watching my niece and nephew with my mom right now. It makes me realize that I really would like a family of my own, but it also makes me wonder if I'm cut out to be a dad?

Sometimes, I really value quiet, alone time. Mornings, for example--I'm really confused when I wake up and end up getting mad (no matter how hard I try) if I get talked to too much. After I've showered and had a little time to remember who I am and what I'm doing, I'm good to go. But waking up to a crying baby or screaming kids?

But it is also one of the most meaningful and beautiful things we can do.

Yes, I will have a family. I'll find someone who can put up with me for the rest of our lives, and then we'll navigate the minefield of parenthood together, hoping and praying we can stumble through raising kids who love themselves and those around them.

Speaking of loving other people...

I think Glenn Beck may be the spawn of satan, or satan incarnate. I read in the news about his rally to reclaim the civil rights movement on the anniversary of the "I have a dream" speech.

What the hell? Is this guy for real? Every time I hear something about him or Palin, it makes me want to eat my brain.

Anyway, I should actually go make sure these kids stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment