Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stereo Love

It's been a while--I know. I can't believe that time has gone by so fast... seems like every time I turn around, another week has gone by. 

But we're not here for small talk, are we?

An update on my life. Well, persistent guy has been cut out of my life. I wasn't mean, but I was frank. He was wanting something (and pushing for something) that I'm not ready for. When I made it clear that I wasn't going to budge, he kinda just disappeared.

And the original guy (we're gonna have to find a different name for him) is pretty much gone forever, too. I don't know why, but when someone comes in my life and then leaves abruptly, it changes me. With him, he entered, left, came back, left again, came back again, and left (again), and then came back. Well, do that enough times, and you've numbed me to you.

Where does that leave me? With no prospects, yes, but focused on school, work, and trying to get a job at some point in my life. And I'm trying to make good choices. Damn the gray.

I don't see myself as a bad person. Imperfect? Definitely. Very imperfect? Of course. And making good choices is frustratingly subjective, unless it's in the church. I've said it before, but I want to play by the rules while I'm here. It's tough, though. We'll see.

I'm having trouble getting this one out, so I'm gonna just post this for now and try to revisit it later. Guess I have some thinking to do. Don't get me wrong--nothing depressing here. In fact, life has been good. I really can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment